In a quantum holographic universe where we are all connected, each baby who is born in a safe calm environment full of love and wonderment at creation, will be another ripple in the wave that changes the world.
We believe all mothers have an innate ability to breathe their babies into the world with confidence and inner strength, harnessed through the power of Hypnobirthing.
Here is an outline of what we cover in our Hypnobirthing Australia™ course.
Unit 1: Creating & maintaining a positive mindset
- Introduction to the positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- How our brain is wired to birth
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is self-hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Our hormones are our friends
- My amazing uterus – understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- Re-programming the Subconscious
- Our support team
- The language for empowered birthing
- The power of affirmations
- Birthing environment
Unit 2: Our toolkit for birth
- Self-hypnosis tracks
- Birth music
- Conditioning with scent
- Hypnotic anchors and triggers
- Releasing endorphins through massage and touch
- Acupressure techniques for pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding
- Visualisations for pregnancy, labour & birthing
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
- Techniques to help make your surges more comfortable
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – Breathing/Bearing down
- Instant relaxation techniques
Unit 3: Preparation & choices for empowered birthing
- Bonding with baby
- Birth Preferences – having open communication with your caregivers
- Knowledge is power – researching common interventions and procedures
- Questions to ask, to assist in making informed decisions
- Birth partner as advocate
- ‘Guess date’ – a normal range of pregnancy
- Inductions – things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Preparing the body – staying active
- Optimising baby’s position
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Self-hypnosis, meditation and deep relaxation techniques & scripts
Unit 4: Birth – bringing it all together
- What to expect in the weeks and days leading up to birth
- Signs that labour is starting
- What to expect through labour (membranes releasing etc)
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Accidental home/car birth – what to do!
- Birth partner’s role
- Common procedures
- Using water during labour and birth
- Upright positioning, movement and birth positions
- Special circumstances (including caesarean birth)
- Fear release
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding & breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- What to expect afterwards
- Self-hypnosis – Rehearsal for Birth
- A practice routine – preparation for birth!
Ideal Time to Attend Classes?
The most important consideration is that you have time to learn the hypnobirthing techniques before you birth so any time during your pregnancy is possible! However, when you are anywhere from 20 to 30 weeks pregnant is the ideal time for you to complete your Hypnobirthing Course. We recommend this time period because you are still reasonably comfortable and it will give you the most time to practice before the birth of your baby. If you are beyond 30 you will still benefit greatly from coming along to a course so please contact us with any questions or to reserve your place in an upcoming course.
595 Group Course – 12 hours
Small groups of 4 mums and their birth partner.
550 Half Group/Half Online
This is a fantastic option if you require flexibility regarding when you access the course information. You can create the most convenient course for yourself by following the online program and joining the group half of the time. You will then have the opportunity to ask your Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner and other parents additional questions in a group setting.
830 Half Group/Half Private
Flexibility is sometimes required if you are unable to attend one of the sessions in a group course due to work, family or other commitments. We offer a combination of group and private sessions making our courses accessible to every family.
1070 Private Course
The ultimate flexibility for you and your birth partner, enjoy the full 12 hour course at your own pace. Sessions can be scheduled around your other commitments, on different days of the week and different times of the day.
290 Refresher Course – 3 hours
This is short course is offered as a private session or in a small group of 4 birthing mums and their birth partners.
199 Online Course – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
This is the full program delivered digitally.
150 Online Course 90 min Private Session Upgrade
If you have completed the Hypnobirthing Australia Online Course and would like some additional one on one time to ask a certified practitioner all of your remaining questions or to gain clarification on your unique circumstances, then this option is perfect for you.
Sunday December 1st & 8th 2019
Saturday February 1st & 8th 2020
Sunday February 23rd & March 1st 2020
Saturday March 28th & April 4th 2020
Sunday May 3rd & 10th 2020
Saturday June 20th & 27th 2020
Sunday July 12th & 19th 2020
Saturday August 29th & September 5th 2020